Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The problem with working...

As I see, there's only one small problem when you earn a regular paycheck. All the things you want to do with your hard earned money, when you know you should save it and build back up the savings account ravaged by grad school. I'm not earning a ton, but it's more than I've had for 2 years now. It's like all the sudden I have options.
Some things I could put the money toward:
  • pay off student loans (slowly but surely...I'll be doing this one for years)
  • new bedding (I'm getting really tired of the stuff I've had for 5 years now)
  • new bathroom stuff (Again, it's getting old)
  • new dishes (ones that aren't hand-me-downs)
  • a massage
  • a pedicure
  • new alphasmart (the old one isn't working so well any more)
  • books!
  • more books!
  • an iron and ironing board
  • a haircut (good grief I need one of those)
I'm sure there is more, but the reality? I'll talk myself out of at least half of this list for at least a few more months. I'll talk about them, and talk about them. But I won't do a thing about it. Instead I'll be good just a little bit longer. Really. I will.
You'll see. I can be good. I can be patient.
Stop laughing at me! I can!

*sigh* You're right. I'm weak. I'll break sooner or later. But for now I'm going strong.

No really, I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home