Sunday, November 19, 2006

Books I'm excited about right now...

Not including my own, that is.

I've read several fantastic books in the last couple of months, and there are several I can't wait to come out. So I thought I'd update you all, in case you're wondering what to read next.

In the category of books I've read and love:
  • Fangs4Freaks, by Serena Robar. I love this book, and not simply because one of my best friends wrote it. F4F is the sequal to Braced2Bite, which came out last May. Both books follow the adventures of Colby Blanchard, half-blood vampire and now The Protector. I don't care if this book is in the YA section of the store, you all have to go get it. Right now. What are you still doing here? Go! Buy!
  • Knight of Darkness, by Kinley MacGregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon). This is the second book in her highly anticipated Lords of Avalon series. No one can take bad guys and make 'em good quite like Sherrilyn. I loved this book, and I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next one.
  • I also just started reading Yasmine Galenorn's Witchling. This book sold out in like 10 minutes at the literacy signing at ECWC, but I was one of the handful that managed to snag a copy. I'm very excited about this one.
As for the books I'm waiting on not-so-patiently, here's a sampling:
  • Venus Envy by Shannon McKelden. I think only Shannon has been waiting for this one with more excitement than the rest of the Tiaras.
  • Shadow of Destiny by Rachel Lee. This is the last installment of the Ilduin Trilogy. I devoured the first two books earlier this year. I haven't been able to find a ton of information on this newest book, which leads me to believe Luna Books is holding it very close to the vest.
  • The Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Latest in her DarkHunter/DreamHunter series. OOOOOH! So far the Dream Hunters have really only been mentioned in passing (with the exception of a novella not too long ago). This is the first full-length Dream Hunter novel, and looks to be just as fabulous as all her others.
  • The Warrior Trainer by Gerri Russell. Gerri won the American Title contest earlier this year, and her book is due out beginning of January. Everything I've read on this book says it'll be fabulous.
As always, there are a ton more out there...but they'll have to wait for another post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home