Thursday, November 30, 2006

Holiday happenings

I've been tagged! Thank you Christina :D So, keeping in mind that some of these, um, shall we say simply don't apply? Here's a revised version of the Holiday meme. Enjoy!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate...with marshmellows. Yum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa? Who is Santa? Are you talking about the creepy stalker guy who sneaks down people's chimneys to eat their food?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I actually like looking at the white lights. Some are really pretty.

4. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Believe it or not, Hanukkah isn't that big a holiday in my family. In the last few years we've gotten together for a little family dinner, but that's about it. With that in mind, I'm a sucker for good latkes. I can only eat a few before all the oil starts to get to me. But latkes and applesauce? MMMMMMMM :D

5. Favorite holiday memory as a child.
Again, since it's not that big a deal in my family, I don't have a lot of specific memories. Probably lighting the Hanukkah candles with my papa on the few times it's fallen at the end of December, when we'd be in Florida.

6. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Again, who is this guy? He's everywhere! Really, just wrong. Creepy and wrong.

7. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only when Christmas Eve and Hanukkah coincide, and even then, it's not a guarantee. Usually I'm at the Chinese restaurant with friends.

8. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Dude, I'm from Michigan. I hate it. Unless it's in a picture. Or I'm tucked in at home with warm toes, a fire in the fireplace, hot cocoa, movies and a good book. Then, I don't mind it.

9. Can you ice skate?
Yup :D I'm very proud of that ability. I may not be good, but I give it my all.

10. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Nope. I think I got an Easy Bake Oven once. That one likely went over very well.

11. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The tradition of it all. Hanukkah is a time of miracles, and I like to think it's possible to bring a little magic into our lives around that time.

12. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Don't really have one. Though Ms. K's cookies are pretty yummy :D

13. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I'll be honest...receiving. Mostly because I'm my own worst critic when it comes to my gift giving ability. (Though I have to say I did a darn good job with my Tiara's Secret Angel gift this year. Can't wait to give this one :D )

14. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Adam Sandler's The Hanukkah Song, of course.

15. Candy canes! Yuck or yum?
Not a huge fan, personally. They are okay. I like the raspberry ones. Do those count?

Okay, just for that, I'm passing the tag along. So here you go:
Ms. K, Megan, Heather...you're it! (Though you three may want to hit Christina's blog for the original meme, as I've made some changes)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Your favortie song wasn't Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel < g >?

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

A song about a clay top? No way! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home