Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What is wrong with this picture?

Seriously folks, what is wrong with this? I talked with my dad this a.m. It's sunny and 55 degrees in Detroit. At the end of November. Where's the snow? Where's the wind? Where's the salt trucks??
Apparently Western Washington. Holy moly. We got dumped on in the last two days, and it has created mass chaos everywhere you turn. First off, the rain. Then came the snow, complete with temperature drop. By 4:30 last night most major freeways were essentially parking lots. And what do I do? Meet a friend for dinner. We cancelled the Tiaras last night, due to weather, but a couple of us braved it for some adult company, and conversation. We met for what, and hour? An hour and a half? Not much. But by the time I started making my way back home, it was practically a blizzard. With thunder! And lightening!
Where did that come from?
I don't think I realized quite how bad it really was until I got back to my town. Cars parked haphazardly on the side of the road. At the bottom of driveways. In the middle of intersections. Craziness! My driveway, you know...the one with the hill I hate? The one that winds it's way up? The one that is treacherous in snow? Yeah, that hill. Blocked with cars who all tried to get up it, but decided it wasn't going to happen. So I chose the smarter route, and took myself down to the QFC parking lot to leave my car there for the night. I still have to go back down and get it. But I can't feel my feet. Or my fingers really. It's just too cold out. Of course, the other log for the fire, which will warm up my hands and feet, is in the back of the car, because I couldn't carry it up to my apartment (even with Ms. K's help) last night along with all my work stuff.
So...what is wrong with this picture? I know I complained about the rain. I know it was silly of me. But really...do we deserve this as payment? No!
So I'll make you a deal. Bring back my warmer, rainy weather, take away the ice and snow, and I won't complain about it for the rest of December.
How about it?

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin!

How I came upon your blog is too funny! I was looking up the yiddish word for "head" and your entry "Yiddish Word of the Week" popped up in Google!

In case you're wondering, this is Sarah Weingarden from Detroit (now living in Houston)!!

I'm jealous that you're living in D.C. - it's where I always thought I'd end up.

Anyhow, write me an email sweingarden2020@yahoo.com if you wish.

Good luck with everything!!

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, sucks to be you?

Kidding, just kidding. *grin* That is a major pain in the ass, especially when it's not the way the weather should be running. Stupid weather.

Don't worry, by this time tomorrow I hear that our weather will have switched back and you'll have 50's and rain and we'll have 30's and snow. It was bound to happen eventually.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home