Tuesday, December 19, 2006

And it was said...

Let there be light!
Thank goodness. I really thought I was going to lose my mind. I was this close to going over the edge. I never would have made a good Jew wandering in the desert for 40 years. Four days of suitcase living almost did me in.
But, the brightside is that I woke this morning to a message from Ms. K., who along with several others of us, has been diligently checking my home phone number for days, waiting for my answering machine to pick up. This would signal power had returned. Ms. K.'s message was simple, "The power's back!!"
So late this morning, after stopping for bagels, I returned home and began my annual winter cleaning spree. I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom. Heck, I was even down on my hands and knees with the Mr. Clean Eraser cleaning my kitchen floor. My apartment now smells like a mix of baking cookies (thanks to the Febreze spray) and Tropical Mist (courtesy of Glade carpet powder stuff). An odd mix, yes, but much better than whatever smell was coming out of my fridge after a few days of no power.
And hey, in all my madness last week, I even managed to still write 4 pages, thanks to my Alphasmart. Of course, it was a little difficult to focus on being creative when I wasn't sure where I was sleeping each night, but four is so much better than none.
So now, I'm officially on Winter Break. I have movies to watch, movies to go see, books to read, and a book to continue writing.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Ok, you killed me with that wandering around the desert comment. I want to tape that to my wall!

My captcha says "ducfme." Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home