Friday, December 29, 2006

Attempts at hiking...

It's been that kind of week, my friends. Ms. K. and I went for a walk yesterday morning. I was excited because I love finding new places to walk and hike. Ms. K. mostly humored me. I think she thinks I have a slight touch of ADD when it comes to this stuff. She may be on to something. I bore easily, which explains why my exercise habits have been so abyssmal lately.
So I found a walk/hike in one of my books, and we decided to go try it. Unfortunately, we got all the way out there, to discover the trail was closed. I think it had to do either with the frost/ice/snow on the ground...or else it's simply closed in the winter. They didn't give an explanation, so the true reason may have to remain a mystery.
So we began attempt no. 2, where I quickly found another walk/hike close by and on the way back home...sort of. All began promisingly enough...until we tried the first loop. I think it was about 100 feet, all together, and included little signs along the path that told the story of some poor little Field Mouse or other. Ah, I know, we must have been on the kiddie trail! Why don't they mark these things?
We wandered up the utility road a few feet, to discover another loop. More wanderings...more dead ends, much back tracking. All in all, I believe we walked out about 30 minutes, though it felt much longer. The return trip took only about 20. Then it was off to home. With more teasing about my short attention span and my need to find new places to walk. All of this amidst attempts between Ms. K. and I to think of something for her and a friend to do, that she didn't do all the time.
But that's a whole other story...really...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dubbing it the romper room ramble. It was quite the morning. Fun, but quite the morning. :~D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home