Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dance Party!!

Okay, maybe not a party...but I did make a new friend. Ha!
So, the itch to dance came back, and I recently discovered that my boys (the band I love to dance to) have been playing gigs on the Eastside about twice a month. Last night they were at a pub not too far from where I live, so I wrangled Tad, Ms. K and her friend to come out with me. Definitely not a difficult task, except for the fact it interferes with Ms. K.'s sleep schedule, and the tiny little detail of my having to work this morning. But that's neither here nor there.
So I headed over to the pub, recognizing that Tad would likely be late, and that Ms. K. and C would be there eventually. I did not, however, anticipate not only being the first person there, but also the band starting an hour after the website said they would. *Sigh*
But, all was not a loss. Eventually Tad came (with presents!), and shortly after Ms. K and C arrived, which made me very happy indeed. Then the bad showed up and started their thing...which meant...DANCING!!!
Apparently another group of people were also big fans of the Brothers, as one of them introduced herself rather giddily during one of the songs. She even shared her french fries with us later. The best part? Well, not including the fact that there was actually room to dance, and the pub wasn't all that crowded, was that I got to chat for a bit with one of the Brothers. I hadn't seen them in a while, as the last time I went dancing they weren't actually there (but that's a story for another time). Tom is one of those genuinely nice guys (don't go getting ideas, now, he's married with kiddies). I always enjoy chatting with him, however briefly, in between sets. He's also quite the flatterer, so there's the bonus ego boost.
'Nuff said.
Between getting to hang out with some of my favorite people, dancing, good music and lots of laughing...I think it's safe to say I had a great night. And that pesky little flat tire problem I discovered this morning? Well, it all worked out, now didn't it?


***Reading update: I've finished three more books for a total of 7 books read over vacation. I just started another one, so I may just make it to 8. Wow, I almost feel back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home