Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fan girl central...

How is it already December? How are we already half way through the school year? And most of all, how is it that Winter Break is so close? I've been busy packing up our science kit in preparation of the new one (Mixtures & Solutions), gathering data for report cards, filling in Reading Continuums and writing my comments for the report cards. Never let it be said that teachers have it easy. I'm not complaining. Nope, not me. But I'm amazed at how much work truly goes into preparing report cards. Especially when they are the first ones you've ever written.
So with a weekend of mostly work ahead of me, I rented two DVDs last night. Both of t.v. shows I watch(ed), but needed a fix of. The first, How I Met Your Mother. Personally I think this is a very funny, well done show. The characters are just odd enough to be real, you know? I missed a lot of the first season, due to school (and my habit of forgetting it was on), so I rented the first disc to watch last night, after I got my work for the day done. Very fun. And a nice mindless way to get through the evening.
Then this morning I began watching Season One, Disc One of Farscape, one of my favorite shows that was pulled from the air too soon (IMHO). There are only two episodes on it, but both were ones I'd never seen before. Add in commentary over the first two episodes, a character sketch of everyone's favorite, John Crichton, and I'm in my happy place. The best part, is that I can get work done, while watching, as I know most of the storylines, and don't have to worry about missing something. It's a wonderful thing.
So I'm happy. I have pages to write, comments to finish, and a battery to replace on my car. But I'm happy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I LOVE HIMYM!! What a great show. And part of the relatability has to be due to the fact that they're at a similar place in their lives as we are. Very, very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home