Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It doesn't get much better than this...

Report cards are all most done, I walked with Ms. K., I have a mug of tea, I'm on track with page count for this week (if anything I'm ahead of where I thought I would be by now, if you go by my original timeline), and I have two great books. Really, it just doesn't get much better than this. Over the weekend I read Abby Cooper Psychic Eye, a book I'd picked up on a fluke a few weeks back. I've been having a horrible time truly getting interested in the books I've been reading as of late. But ACPE I read in 2 days. I was originally attracted by the title, but what got me to buy it was that the main character lives in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit. A suburb, mind you, not far from where I grew up, and not far from where my parents grew up. So I had to show loyalty to my hometown and check it out. According to amazon, there are several more in the series...and I just may have to check them out.
Currently, I'm reading Eye of Heaven, the newest Dirk & Steele novel by Marjorie M. Liu. As always, I'm loving this one. She has created a rich and wonderful world of characters, and I love diving back into their lives.
Next up? Dark Defender by Alexis Morgan. This is the second book in her Paladin series and if the first one was any indicator? It'll be hot, hot, hot! This has been on my auto-buy list since I finished Dark Protector, so do yourselves a favor and go buy it.
Now go...enjoy the night. I'm curling up with my tea and a book.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I bought that same Psychic Private Eye book a couple months ago from Amazon, but haven't started it yet. I was drawn to the whole psychic element of it. Very cool how the author created a series out of it. Alas, I haven't started it yet. I've got a few other books in line before it, including Serena and Shannon's new books! :-)

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home