Thursday, December 21, 2006

So easily amused...

Or why I love winter break.

Never let it be said I don't fully appreciate my breaks. As a teacher, I need this time to renew my energy, as well as to relax a little before diving back into curriculum. I made a promise to myself that I'd do a lot of writing this break, and so far? I haven't done a lot. But that will change. Soon.
No, really. I swear!
In the meantime, I'm amusing myself with episodes from the first season of Bones. I gotta say, I love this show. I didn't think I would. Or, more accurately, I was afraid to watch it because I might actually like it. If I liked it, then I'd HAVE to watch it. And heaven only knows, I did not need another t.v. show added to my must see list. But I watched, and I loved, and now I'm trying to catch up on what I've missed.
What's beautiful about the show is that it's based on a book character created by Kathy Reichs. My understanding is that the t.v. show is not always faithful to the books, but I don't care. I love these characters and how they all play off one another. I especially like how the lead character is so comfortable with her science, yet if you put her in a personal situation her brain cannot make sense of it. This is a woman who is top in her field, and yet has never heard of The Blair Witch Project, or many other pop culture references. She has isolated herself from all things "normal" in life, and yet is constantly being dragged back into that life. I love it!

In other news, I've read 3 books so far, since the blackout hit last Thursday night. Keep an eye out in the next couple of weeks to see just how many books I can read while on break, while still accomplishing my page goals.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Go, Erin! You can do it! But I really do expect that page-o-meter to crawl :-) I'm watching you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home