Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Writing sucks...


I've been struggling with my manuscript for a few weeks now. I've felt like something was missing, but goals I'd set for myself made me push forward, despite my unease. Until today.
Today I finally had to admit that no matter how much I pushed forward, I could not escape the fact that my hero needed to be heard. I could no longer simply focus my story on my heroine. Of course, in accepting this realization, I also set myself up for quite the headache for the next week as I attempt to integrate enough scenes from the hero's point of view as I possibly can, without having to delete too much of the 63 pages I'd already written.
Yeah, I'm groaning from the effort too. On the upside, I have the happy knowledge that I've written six new pages today, even if my page count only changed by four pages.

Still, sometimes writing sucks. And as Ms. K. pointed out this evening when I called to inform her of this, "Sometimes crazy is hereditary. But it may start with you." (Or, something to that effect.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

OMG! Mizzz K wins the prize!!! That was absolutely priceless!!
Shannon

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed the three conversations about what "he" (the fictional character) was making her do. By the end of the third, "he" was becoming a pain in my bombosity, and he wasn't even "talking" to me. I'm telling ya. Writers are fun, but some days I wonder. :~D

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Good luck with that...!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Good luck with all your writing.

In my Feb book, I didn't have any POV from my hero until the end, but I changed it in revisions. LOTS of going back, so I understand where you're coming from!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home