Saturday, January 20, 2007

Booksignings and other writing related news...

The ever-fabulous Gerri Russell, Shannon McKelden and Pat White held a signing at the local Borders. The turnout was fantastic (even if a lot of us had a personal investment in the signing), and the ladies covered a lot of information that, while maybe not new, needed to be heard. After the discussion, we milled around the store, waiting for Shannon to finish the signing part of the event. I bought too many books, put others on hold, and generally had a good time. At one point Pat asked me who all I had sent my manuscript to, and who was I waiting to here from. I listed Agent X, Agent Y and Agent Z (who I couldn't remember if I'd heard from or not).
After the signing Serena, Shannon and I went out for the early-bird dinner (or a really late lunch, depending on how you look at it.) We talked about writing, life, Serena's house. You know, the usual.
But the next best part was when I came home. Not only do I have statements I need for my taxes, but I also found in my mailbox not the dreaded rejection letter, but a request from Agent X for a Partial of my last manuscript. Yes!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Whoohoo!! A request is always good!

Thanks for coming today. I loved the support!
Shannon

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! That is awesome! Good luck with that!

Al :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home