Sunday, January 21, 2007

Buzzing...

I spent a good part of the afternoon at a coffee tasting, with a few friends. If you're like Mom, you probably have never heard of a coffee tasting. It's basically like a wine tasting, only with different coffee blends and roasts. Now, I don't drink wine, and so I never go to wine tastings. I can't stand the taste of the stuff, so it makes sense to stay away.
I don't really drink coffee either, for much the same reason. I can't stand the taste. When I do drink it, it's so doctored it might as well not be in there. The only reason I went was to see a friend who is having surgery tomorrow.
On top of all this, I am also pretty sensitive to caffeine. If I drink it when I'm tired, it brings me up to normal. But if I drink it when I'm awake? Oooh, boy, watch out. I talk even faster than normal, and I feel like I'm vibrating. Too bad I forgot this little fact before the tasting began.
I sat through most of the coffee tasting, with one thought...my nose must be broken, because I can't tell the difference between any of these scents. They all smelled the same to me. Same thing with taste. I must have defective tastebuds, because it all tasted like burnt, dirty water to me...with an aftertaste.
On the bright side, we also sampled some fabulous pastries, and I picked up a new cd...so all was not lost.
Of course, I'm still pretty high on the caffeine, which will probably make falling asleep a little difficult. Darn!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, this sounds like something I'd love! You'll have to give me the details.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, though.

-Kelli

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Now when was this? I want to go! Bring some info to the next meeting, will ya? Sounds fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home