Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The forcast calls for...

More snow.
What, you think I'm kidding? Sorry to disappoint you, but it's no joke. I awoke this morning, rolled over and immediately called our school news hotline, to check on the status of school. Keep in mind, folks, we've been out since Wednesday afternoon. No school Thursday or Friday, and yesterday was a holiday. So I called, and the message still says Friday, January 12th. So I shower, dress for work, check the news, and nothing. Then, around 5:50, I see on the news that my school district is now running two hours late, while all the neighboring districts are officially closed. I consider leaving a little later than normal, but instead decide to get in my car and drive. I'll have time to do work, and hopefully miss the bulk of morning rush hour.
Thankfully made it to school in under half an hour, and this includes the time I spent sliding backward, turning my car around, finding another street that goes through and eventually parking. So I'm at school, and everything still says 2 hours late.
I check in with a couple of my fellow teachers, and before I know it, about 5 of us are in the hallway chatting. Then comes the announcement. At 7:26 a.m. the district closed school. Uh-huh. They waited until most teachers were already on the road, if not at school, to decide to cancel. Some left right then, some of us stayed a few more hours. I figured I was there, might as well get work done. But now? Now I just want to know when we have to make all this up. We're already at 8 days...I just hope it doesn't become more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home