Saturday, February 24, 2007

Driving in MI

Driving in Michigan is an exercise in tolerance...and speed. The average speed on most streets where I grew up is 40-50. One of the major thru-fares is 45 mph...with enough cracks, bumps and potholes to make that 45 a wee bit challenging. I, having lived in Washington for the last 5 years, have apparently forgotten how to drive that fast on a main street. This would surprise my mother, who occasionally is concerned about my lead foot (inherited honestly from my papa and my aunt).
So while I was in Michigan, I borrowed Bubbe's car a couple of times, along with driving her to run various errands. I discovered two things...one, I have the ability to tick off way more people than ever before. Two, Geo Prisms are so lightweight, when you hit 45mph, you're almost airborn.
I swear, I thought I'd achieve at least the outer atmosphere at one point.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home