Saturday, February 24, 2007

The queen of whirlwind visits...

I flew home to MI for the weekend in an attempt to take advantage of the week-long break. It was truly one of my whirlwind visits. My plane took off 4 hours late on Wednesday, so I landed some time around 11 or so. I was there with the express purpose of only seeing family, and so told no one, except for family, of my plans. It really hit home how long it had been since I'd been back, when I saw my little cousin all grown up at 7 years old.
Another cousin, also younger, is engaged to be married this November, so I'll be making yet another whirlwind trip home.
The thing of it is, this seems to be what usually happens. Yes, I have more breaks now, so hopefully this will change slightly as I get more in to school, but getting more than three or four days to make the 2000 mile trip home is pretty rare in my life. Still, I spent some much needed time with my bubbe and my father, and my dog. I have some pics of the dog that I hope to post in the next couple of days, if only because she's so darn cute.
I think I mentioned the 4 hour delay on my flight earlier. Well, there is more to that story, of course. It was a four hour delay, which meant technically I spent 6 hours at SeaTac airport...six hours of my life I will never get back. Yes, I did some writing, yes I did some reading, but most importantly? I brushed up on my flirting skills.
Oh, like you're surprised? SIX HOURS...you'd flirt with total strangers too.
Nothing came of it, and I didn't really expect it to...still, it was a might fun way to pass the time.
The eerie part of it all, though, was that I'd just finished writing a scene set in an airport. My characters are currently winging their way to Europe on assignment. While at the airport they encountered a serious delay, forcing them to wait for about five hours. Needless to say I was feeling a little responsible by the time my flight left.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ended the airports perfect punctuality record! I am shocked and appalled at your behavior.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Now, see, I'd have been biding my time at the massage bar and then the "liquid" bar to keep me from going all postal during the delay. ;-)

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home