Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Things I love to do...ALONE

Dona tagged me the other day, and I better get this done before she comes after me. So, here they are in no particular order...

10) Read a good book. I love to sit on my couch with a good book and read for hours.
9) Go to the movies. I know, sounds a bit odd. My mom used to do it when I was a kid. When I finally got my license I would take myself after school on the days I didn't have homework. Now it's a luxury.
8) Dance to music in my living room. There's something to be said for turning your music on random, letting it play and moving to the music.
7) Going down to Starbucks to write. I usually end up reading for a little bit. Or simply people watching. But I love it.
6) Random drives. Whenever I'm having trouble processing something, I like to get in my car and just drive. Preferably where there isn't a lot of traffic.
5) Manicures. I love treating myself to a manicure every couple of months. Where I go, there are so few customers, it's usually very quiet and relaxing.
4) Pedicures. See above.
3) This one I have to steal from Dona. Takeout. I love to pick up a video, order take-out Thai or Chinese food and go home. It completely relaxes me.
2) Building a fire in the fireplace on a rainy night. I curl up in front of it with a mug of tea and a blanket. So warm and cozy.
1) Getting a massage. I love this one. So very relaxing.

Hmmm...I'm noticing a theme. Guess I better learn to relax :D

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

OOH Erin, going to the movies alone... me too! I especially love to watch funny ones alone. We're weird, I know!

I agree with every other thing on your list too! I think we as writer are naturally solitary creatures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home