Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Giving up the ghost...

Well, it finally happened. The alpha-dumb has finally been laid to rest. Over the last two years my AlphaSmart has grown steadily sicker. At first it simply refused to transfer. I would flip between files, turn it on and off, and eventually it would transfer. Then came the time when it wouldn't turn on. That was fun. When I sent it back to the company, they fixed it so it turned back on, but for some reason decided not to fix the transfer issue. The latest problem was when it decided only to transfer from file 3. If I typed in file 4? Fuggedaboudit. So when tax time came back around, I decide to take some of my earnings and invest in a new machine. One that wouldn't take five years of my life to transfer 2 pages.
Enter...the AlphaSmart Dana. Currently it's charging, but when it's done? Think of all the fun I can have! As an added bonus, the keypad is lighter to the touch, so maybe my hand problems won't get quite as bad again. It does appear to be slightly more complicated to use than my other one was, in terms of the file management, saving and such.
Still, I can finally stop fighting with my machine, and won't that make me want to be more productive.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

how fun!! Good for you for treating yourself!
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home