Saturday, March 17, 2007

The honeymoon is officially over...

The night started out so well. I met a friend for a writing powwow. We ooohed and ahhhhed over my new Dana. I played with various features, falling more in love with it by the minute. It has a word count! Now I can tell how much I've written, and if I'm okay to stop without having to upload to my computer.
Life was good.
Then, through no fault of my own, I was fatally rejected. Seriously. The error message read: Fatal Rejection. Then it shut off. Traumatic enough, I know. But apparently the Dana wasn't done with me yet. No, it had to go and put the icing on the cake by deleting everything I'd written over the last half hour. And it was good. Fabulous even! Those words were quite possibly the best I'd ever written, and their gone. Poof! Just like that. Now, here it is 10:33 p.m. and I'm trying to
resurrect them from my very tired brain.
This can not end pretty.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hug it. And squeeze it. And pet it and love it and call it George. It will behave better from now on if you just follow those simple steps. Promise.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Ooh, I'm so sorry. That sucks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home