Wednesday, March 14, 2007

In memory...

I want to take this moment to remember a wonderful woman, wife and mother. Pearl Friedman passed away Sunday night, leaving behind a family who loved her and friends who will never forget her. Growing up, Pearl (or Peari as we always called her) always felt closer than simply a cousin by marriage. She was like an aunt, always wanting to see you and talk to you about your life. For my father, she was much like a second mother, considering all the time he spent at their house while growing up. She spent the last years of her life battling emphesema and a host of other health issues. I know that even as I type this she is watching her family with all the love in her heart. She is finally at peace. But in all this, it is her husband I think about. After 56 years of marriage, Ernieis alone, and he doesn't know what to do. His wife was his life and now he's lost. I can't help but cry every time I think of him.
The funeral was held in Michigan on Tuesday, in accordance with Jewish law, and the family has already begun the seven nights of Shiva. This blog entry is my shiva, since I cannot be with the family right now. If you have a moment, please take an opportunity and let those you love know it. You never know when you'll have another chance...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home