Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wandering in the desert for 40 years...

I realized something last night. When the Israelites were running for their lives through the Red Sea, they never anticipated that the search for the appropriate Kosher for Passover foods would take nearly as long as their 40 years wandering.
Okay, I'm exaggerating, but not by as much as you'd think.
I'm sure many of you are tired of my comparisons between where I grew up and the Seattle area, but this is the one that makes me the most crazy. At this time of year, you can walk into just about every grocery store in Michigan and find a huge Kosher for Passover section (and yes, this is different from simply the Kosher section, but that's not what this post is about).
Here, I walk into my local grocery store, and they still don't know there is a difference between the two. I basically have two options at this point. I can drive over one of two bridges either to the University District of Seattle, or to Mercer Island in search of the two grocery stores in the Greater Metro Seattle Area that actually know what they are doing when it comes to Passover.
It's just not right.
So last night Mom and I drove out to the Mercer Island Albertson's in preparation for the holiday that is still two weeks away. Not really the way I intended to spend my Tuesday night. But I have macaroons now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Hey, Erin! That is so cool. I'm one of those ignorant Seattlelites too. This was a fun post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home