Saturday, March 10, 2007

Why I shouldn't be allowed to talk to waiters...


Poor guys. All they are trying to do is help me out. They just want to serve the food, and I go and ruin their fun. Now, to be fair, ruining his fun was not part of my plan. I simply wanted my salad with the dressing on the side. Not an uncommon request, in these days of weight conciousness. So when the waiter arrives at the table with our food, I foolishly assume he'll simply hand me my plate as he as done with the rest of my group, and leave the dressing of my salad to me.
Silly, Erin.
No, apparently I ordered the fancy salad. The one they toss at the table in front of you, so as to somehow prove to you that they are cool, and you aren't. Cuz really, we all know what would happen if I attempted to toss the salad myself. It likely would have landed across the room on some poor, unsuspecting fellow diner.
So the nice waiter tries begins to pour the dressing on to the salad before tossing it. Thankfully I managed to not yell, "STOP!" at the top of my lungs, but it was a close call. I managed to cease his actions before the salad was completely ruined with too much dressing. "But don't you want me to toss the salad?"
"No, really, that's okay. I'm picky about how much dressing I put on my salad."
"But I washed my hands!"
Yeah, he really did say that. Poor guy. I think I really ruined his big moment, his chance to shine. Frankly, I should have let him toss the salad. Maybe then I wouldn't have noticed the serious lack of lettuce in my salad. I actually had to ask the waitress for more. It's just not right.
*shaking head* Poor waiter. I really am sorry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm... I hate to comment, but... Did you not see the passing diner flinch when you started mixing in your "extra" lettuce? Not that I'm saying you were having trouble mixing your salad or anything like that. Nope. Not me. I'd never indicate such a thing.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

bwa! I'm sure he understands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home