Sunday, April 08, 2007

I never claimed...

To have the best sense of direction, as evidenced Friday night. My first mistake was leaving my cell phone at home, where I'd plugged it in to charge the night before.
I left work as soon as possible, and drove into Seattle early, hoping to skip most of Rush Hour traffic. I got into town around 3:30, with about 2 hours to kill before I had to be at a BBQ. I'd checked the map before leaving work, I had the address and I knew, technically, how to get there.
I say technically, because I recognized the name of the street, and another street that runs in to it. I figured I could follow the one street into the other, and I'd be there.
Problem 2: I didn't get full, written directions.
I know what you're thinking. You're sitting there, shaking your head, and wondering where I left my brain. My only excuse is that the week was one of the hardest to get through, and I just wanted to leave.
Problem 3: Drive the wrong way on the road you need.
Yeah, I drove clear to the other end of town, before realizing the street I thought should be there...wasn't. Where was it, you ask? Well, I'd been sitting in U-Village for about 2 hours waiting to head out...and it's within spitting distance of the house.
So, just to clarify, I drove 45 minutes to get to a house 300 yards from where I was. Thankfully, the weekend has since improved.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home