Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Passover fun...


Let's be honest. Passover and fun rarely go in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence. But last night, they did. I invited about six of my friends to join me in celebrating the first night seder. I spent most of the weekend cleaning and cooking in preparation. See? Here's what my dining room looked like Sunday night, before everyone arrived.
I have never laughed so hard in my life, during a seder. All I can say is: Cabbage Patch Kids, Evil Troll armies, outstretched arms, G-d v. He, and a darn stubborn bottle of wine. The chicken soup I made came out fantastic, despite not using a real chicken. The charoset? Fantastic. And I have so many leftovers, my fridge won't stop rattling. We even did the whole seder, frankly an unheard of concept in my family over the last few years. Low blood sugar and little patience has led to the 30 minute seder (and tonight might have even set a new record).
By the time everyone left, I was beyond exhausted, but at least I could eventually fall asleep knowing the night was a success.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Oh, sounds so nice! (fun?) My roommate in college did a seder but she invited a bunch of college clowns and I felt SO GUILTY for those guys not taking it seriously at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home