Saturday, April 14, 2007

Signing fun...

Hello, my name is Erin, and I'm a geek. A book geek, to be exact. You know the way normal people get when they see a celebrity? That's how I am when I meet an author. I'm still tickled pink that I can claim several published authors as friends, and still others as close acquaintances.

So when Christina A. informed us about a book signing with one of my favorites, there was no way I'd miss it. The catch? The signing began at 3, and I technically don't even get off work until 3. Eh, I'll survive. I packed up my work, (Yes, I'll be a busy gal this weekend. 11 pages left to go on my goal and lots of correcting to do. Take out tonight, me thinks.) and was out the door by 2:59, and at the signing by 3:15...just in time.

The guests of honor included the fantastic Pat White, one of my favorites Suzanne Brockmann, and her husband, author Ed Gaffney. Among the guests were myself, authors Alexis Morgan (fantistic writer, go get her books!), Mary Buckham, and Ann Roth (speaking next month at Eastside RWA's chapter meeting). Let's face it, I was in pure, geek heaven.

Even better, I laughed. After quite the rocky afternoon, I laughed. Suz and Ed stole the show with all their fantastic stories about life as a writer, the cover gods (or devils) and serial killers in Wichita. One of the highlights was watching Ed talk about his wife and her career. Now, Ed is a newly published author (say, in the last few years), so maybe you'd expect professional jealousy. And you'd be wrong. I've rarely seen a man so supportive of his wife's career. You could tell by every word out of his mouth, how much he loved and admired his wife. It was very eye-opening.
So there you have it, my afternoon fun. Sometimes, life is pretty darn good.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I was totally confused as to when this was! Glad you had fun. I'm totally jealous :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home