Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Voices in my head...

I found myself trying to explain the voices in my head the other night. I'm afraid I came off sounding like someone who needed to be admitted to the nearest mental hospital, and not a writer. But here's the thing, when I'm in the groove? When I'm inside my characters? I do hear voices. They aren't the crazy voices telling me to do something nutty like throw myself out into traffic and see if I make a good speed bump. They are the voices of my characters, snippets of dialogue, demands for a good kissing scene, you know, the usual. Sometimes they are very demanding, other times, it's like they've put duct tape over their mouths just to mock me and my writing.
So yes, I hear voices. But they're the good kind.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I have to explain the desperately jotted notes on my hand...What can I say? When I have to write something down, I HAVE to write it down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home