Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wedding Bells...

No, not mine. Sheesh...you think I wouldn't have said something sooner if they were mine?
This afternoon I attended my friend N.'s wedding. As I've been known to do, I spent the last few months agonizing about what shirt I would wear with my flippy skirt, as I was concerned the one sweater I owned to go with it would be too warm.
I can hear you all thinking, "Silly, Erin." And you'd be right. This morning dawned rainy...and cold. Being too warm was definitely not an issue. The wedding itself was beautiful, very intimate. I would go so far as to say I don't think there were more than 50 people in the room, and that included the three kids running around. I found another of N's friends early on, and sat with her and her fiance, along with two other couples, at dinner. We spent the whole meal laughing, talking about various bits of trivia as well as where the visitors should go tomorrow. Probably the hardest part of the whole thing was being surrounded by so many happy couples. Everywhere I turned, I bumped into another one. Then there was me. Yeah, me. The girl everyone congratulated for her "moving" toast. I swore I wouldn't cry. I had a whole "funny" toast in my head, I was ready to wow the crowd.
I opened my mouth, and proceeded to blubber my way through the congratulations. I had the entire room in tears. For the rest of the night, people kept coming up to me to tell me how "beautiful" the speech was.
That so wasn't the plan. The plan was funny. It was witty. It was downright hysterical! Instead, I played the part of the weeping willow.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, E. I can soooo hear you blubbering your way through a toast. :-)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Oh, you make me teary just picturing you blubbering!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

awww, erin...that's so sweet! You know, the toasts that people remember the most are the ones where the toast giver is so touched by the beauty of the event, they cry.
So congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home