Tuesday, May 15, 2007

With friends like these...


Yesterday was...well, it was a Monday. That's really the best way to describe it. It was a Monday all day long. It began with my students being off the wall, and a tankful of dead fish and ended with a rejection and the news that the band I planned to go hear on Saturday, to celebrate my birthday, was not actually playing on Saturday.
*sigh*
It was a Monday. So I did what any good writer does...I emailed some of my closest friends and whined. Two wrote back fairly quickly, agreeing that rejections a week before one's birthday should be illegal. One sent an email this morning reminding me of all the hidden blessings behind the rejection. And yes, I briefly wanted to smack her. But how can you smack someone who points out that your new book is even better than the one being rejected? Another friend reminded me of the good parts of the rejection, which really could be taken as a birthday gift, right?
Lest you think I forgot, there were other good parts to Monday. Dinner with a friend, no critters loose in the room (unlike Friday and today), and a beautiful, sunny day outside.
And today was definitely a better day, especially when I ignore that my students managed to lose at least 2 isopods (potato bugs) somewhere in my classroom during science today. I found out that Megan sent me a cd (thankfully I didn't throw out that envelope), and took a walk outside. How about you? How's your week starting off?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Bleh, rejections. Glad you survived it!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

Poor Erin :( I'm sorry about your fish and loose criters. gah, the life of a teacher, I honestly dont know how you do it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home