Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Little things...

*Warning* I'm completely caffeinated right now, so if this feels rambley, you'll understand why.
We're down to eight days left, and really? Most of them are half days. Of course, this means even less time to do everything, but 8 days! Which means less than two weeks until I leave for Israel. I'm frantically running around trying to take care of all the little things. It doesn't quite feel real yet, even though I know it is since they charged my credit card for the balance the other day. Still, I can't believe I'll be in another country soon. It's wild.
It really is about the little things, isn't it? Like the fact that I have half a watermelon sitting on my counter waiting for me. Or the fact that I woke up to a text message this morning from someone I wasn't expecting to hear from for a few more days.
Or maybe it's that I've started packing up my classroom, even though we're not done. Or seeing the fifth grade texts make their way back to one of the other fifth grade rooms. Or maybe it was checking out my possible class for next year.
Or maybe it's simply knowing that I made it through the year, with my sanity relatively in tact (or at least no crazier than when I began the year), and with 3/4 of a manuscript to show for it all.
Yup, it's all about the little things.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Go go go go go!!!!

No rush :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home