Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Somehow...

I've made it to the end of the school year. Or at least I've almost made it to the end of the year. 13 days, but who's counting? Oh yeah, all the first year teachers out there, that's who. But somehow I've made it this far, and I'll make it to the end. Of course, by that point I may be dragging myself across the finish line with all my fingers ripped and torn...but I'll be there. Some days, though, it's really hard to realize how close it all is. Days like today, the ones that leave me drained and ready to toss in the towel, make it hard to recognize that the end is closing in. But I'm almost there. And once I make it, I'll be going to Israel to celebrate. See? There is a silver lining.
So here's a toast to the rest of us. Slogging through the week, wondering how we're going to get through it all, whether it's a writing career, teaching, law practices or motherhood. We'll do it. We'll make it through eventually.
And we'll have lots of stories to tell about it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I said it once, I'll say it again, I do not know how you manage to teach all those kids the whole year. Wheeesh.

I'm very impressed.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I'm with Dona. You crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home