Thursday, July 26, 2007

And she's down...

Or maybe we should name this my very own "I Love Lucy" moment, in honor of Jill. I should start out by making an admission. I joined a gym. I'm at the point where I have to do something to get my rear in gear in the fall, and this is it. So I went down today to meet with a trainer, and then to use the elliptical machine for a little bit. Now, graceful I am not, but I usually can make it through such a routine without any grevious bodily harm.
Today was not that kind of day.
Actually, I got through the taking measurements of my body without too much embarrassement. Even had fun on the elliptical. I didn't go flying off the back, or pull any muscles. When I finished, I dismounted to go get some disinfectant and paper towels to clean off the handles with.
I should have stayed on the machine.
Genuises that they are when it comes to design, the gym has about a half a foot high silver box that runs the length of the room, in between the ellipticals and the stairclimbers. I'm pretty sure it covers the wires so people don't trip. Maybe they figure that seeing as how it's big and silver, people will see it better, and remember to step over it.
Not me.
Two steps and I was down, bashing my knee on the box and my hand on the floor. And being asked if I was okay by a woman on the stairclimber who looked to be in better shape than me.
*sigh*
I'm not embarrassed. No, not at all...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

That would be totally something I would do. Hence the gym avoidance. :-)

Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home