Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 3...



Well, you've waited long enough. So here you go, day 3...
We started off our day a little later than day two. We didn't have breakfast until 7:15! Wahoo! A note here: the breakfasts were amazing, and especially the first few days in the North. They had everything you could imagine. Israeli salad, eggs, croissants, challah, halavah, fruit (OMG the fruit!)...the list goes on.
After breakfast we left for Tiberias, a town about an hour south of where we'd stayed. There we visited a school who receives help from the Jewish Agency for Israel (or JAFI). The visit was made even more special because of the number of teachers in our group. It seemed everywhere I turned, I met another teacher. We joined the kids for their last day of school, their equivalent of field day. After their performance, and playing a few games, we went around to the other side of the school where we helped to plant trees. Planting trees in Israel is kind of the thing to do, especially in a country where vegetation can be so hard to come by. Just as we went to leave, a few of the boys started asking some of our group for their autographs. They were very persistant.
Sadly, mine was not asked for, no matter how much I tried to insist that one day I'd be a famous author.
From Tiberias we moved on to a town called Zichron Ya'acov, for lunch at a winery. Oh, my, goodness. This was one of the best lunches we had. One thing I noticed was that food was often served tapas style, small plates of each item to share with the whole table. We enjoyed more Israeli salad, hummus (I think I almost turned into a chick pea), vegetable lasagna, pizza and other items I can't possibly remember. In answer to the inevitable question...no. One of my friends asked if we ever actually ate Israeli food...and the answer is, not really. We had Israeli breakfast, and falafel. But between the Bedouin dinner, the Brazilian dinner and the Italian lunch, I'm not sure where the Israeli food really came in.
***
There's still time to enter the contest to win Dating4Demons!! Comment now!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home