Monday, July 16, 2007

The Golan Heights


After Sfat we spent the afternoon up in the Golan Heights. We traveled by jeep up into the Heights, where one of the guides proceeded to tell us about the history of the area, including the Hula Swamps. The Swamps are what have helped to make the northern part of the country so fruitful.
The jeeps then took us down to a launch area off the Jordan River, where we had the option of taking either a kayak or a raft down the river. One of the other gals and I took a kayak and made our way, mostly turning in circles. Let's just say I'm not the best kayaker.
Dinner was another party, this time Brazilian-style, which meant meat. And lots of it.
Apparently Israel doesn't have a ton of vegetarians. Let's just say the Dairy meals were my favorite.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this earlier, and it did not stick. I'm going to do it twice this time to make sure you see it!

Hula?

K

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hula?

Stick that. Doggone program that won't take my comment!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. Now it's just kind of fun.

Hula?

Are you sure?

Hula?

Hula.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
*snort*
*chortle*
Teehee!
*snigger*
Hahahahahaha!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And while I'm at it, does this get me in the drawing 5 times? Or just once?

HAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahahahahaha!

LOL.

I really am going to find my ice pack now.

(Please not judicious whining requiring loads of simpathy.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home