Saturday, July 07, 2007

My first proposal...

Sadly, I can't take it seriously, but it at least lays out for you just how much in the minority this little woman from Seattle was on her trip.
Standing at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, waiting among the throng desperate to get their luggage. Bag after bag came off the belt, and began to stack up next to my fellow passengers. I soon noticed, even more than I had at the airport in New York, that I was alone in my single-bag carrying ways. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I managed to live out of one suitcase for 10 days, without having to rewear more than one or two shirts, and that was because it was at night, and I hadn't sweated all day in them.
All around me passengers pulled off two to three bags each, stacking them along side their carry-on bags and purses.
That's when it happened. A fellow traveler, I believe from NY, took one look at my lone bag and promptly propsed marriage.
Obviously his criteria aren't that great, and for more than one reason I turned him down flat. But still, it counts, right??

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Ha! That's good. Leave it to a man to think that was all it took to be a good wife. :-)

Shannon

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

He must have misunderstood the whole idea of getting into a relationship with a woman who didn't "come with too much baggage." LOL!

Christina

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Of course it counts : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home