Saturday, August 25, 2007

Book updates...

As we close in on the end of August, and the end of summer but we won't talk about that, I thought I'd update you on a few books I've read recently. Not to mention an update on my own book.
Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon. What can I say? This book represents all that I love about Sherri's writing. More secrets are revealed about Ash and his family. Simi returns in all her BBQing glory. Not to mention we finally get the full story on Kat, our resident mystery lady. This book was definitely worth the wait.
Then we have Force of Nature by Suzanne Brockmann. I cried, that's how good this book is. Suzanne is the queen of the secondary plotlines, and secondary romances. She created a cast of characters so true to life, you feel like you know them all intimately. Which is why when she introduced Jules Cassidy so many books ago, we all fell a little bit in love with him. In a strictly platonic way, of course. I'm sure there are some out there who will argue with Jules's story, and even try to say it's not romance, and they'd be wrong. His story was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
I also picked up the first in Christina Dodd's new paranormal series, Scent of Darkness. In this book a very real battle between Good and Evil wages on, with our hero and heroine caught in the middle. Christina's books never disappoint, and this book is no exception. I even had to rush out to get book 2, Touch of Darkness.
As for my own book, sorry I haven't updated the meter recently. I'm actually a fair bit further on, but I'm struggling with finding the will to sit down and write the last few scenes. Not sure if it's fear of ending the book, or a case of my personal life interfering with my creative one. Either way, I fully intend to finish before school starts...which is in just over a week. Yikes! Guess I better stop blogging and get to work, huh?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home