Thursday, August 09, 2007

Day 8 - onwards to Tel Aviv

Day 8 dawned with The Mutt Bus splitting up for the day. Members of our group from San Diego and Los Angeles went off to meet with their Federations' sister cities. The rest of us visited a place called Suzanne's House, a program helping at-risk and abused teens. In this program they are taught artisan skills, as well as business and management skills. They make some of the most beautiful glass work I've seen. They make beads, plates, jewelry, and a ton of other stuff.
After our visit, we debriefed on the trip (think group therapy session), and found lunch. Yes, ladies and gents, more food. Can you tell how much Steve and Andrea enjoyed lunch?
Then it was on to a walk through the shouk, a farmer's market in the middle of town. It reminded me a lot of Pike's Place Market, actually. Well, except even noisier.
From there we were back on the bus to head to Tel Aviv, one of the more modern cities in Israel. Reminds me a lot of New York City actually.
On the way we had our requisite Potty Break, but this time our guide and driver made sure to find a very special place. I give you, The Elvis Cafe. I even convinced our guard to take a picture with me. And before you ask, yes we are both standing on level ground. And no, neither of us are wearing heels.




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

LOL on the heels! I was thinking...

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy hell that guy is tall. You might not be the tallest person in the world but that doesn't negate the fact that that guy is a giant.

Sweet.

The more pictures I see/acocunts I read the lovelier your trip seems.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

You can just never get away from Elvis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home