Sunday, September 30, 2007

Guilty Pleasures...

I have found a new guilty pleasure. I come by it innocently enough. I was merely flipping through the t.v. stations while making dinner tonight and I came upon it. Gene Simmons' Family Jewels.
I know, I know. I should be ashamed. Not only is it reality t.v., it's the lead guy from KISS. The same guy known best for having an incredibly long tongue and wearing lots of make-up while dressing like a refugee from hell. But see, the show's actually really funny! In between most scenes they do cut-aways to interviews with different family members commenting on whatever's happening. In one episode his wife has dragged her teenage son with her to the drugstore while she buys a pregnancy test. She keeps sending him off to find really embarrassing products for Gene: Preparation H, anti-fungal creme. I haven't seen that many eyes rolling since I was in high school.
What can I say, I have a juvenile sense of humor at times.
I also discovered while at the grocery store that Entemann's has bowed to the diet world. They now have 100 calorie packs of their famous, soft chocolate chip cookies. MMMMMMM! Yes, I bought some. Yes, I enjoyed a pack as soon as I got home. And yes, they were very good. I know it's bowing to marketing and merchandising...but I don't care. If I don't have to worry about portion control? If I don't have to have an open box of the yummiest cookies ever sitting around? Then I'm a happy camper.
So what are your new finds? C'mon! Share!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home