Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A quick note before I collapse in a heap...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more School started yesterday. For anyone keeping track, this is year 2. I'm teaching third grade this year, which means I actually stand a chance at most of the kiddos still liking me at the end of the year. I've got a great class who I think will be a lot of fun. They're a little silly, a little goofy, but what do you expect? They're 8!
Of course third grade curriculum is a lot different than 5th. We're getting through things very slowly right now, which means that all my plans have been thrown out the window the last two days. Pretty much sends me into a tailspin. So I spent the bulk of our early release afternoon in a team meeting, or planning for the next three days of class, foregoing the gym in an attempt to get to Target before all the 10cent notebooks went away.
Since I skipped the gym, I forced myself to take the bike out. Hey, it's still sunny and who knows how long that will last! So I hopped on the bike and pedaled my little heart out...only to find myself battling for the number one spot with a rollerblader, of all things! She and I chased each other one way, then chased each other back. Sadly, even pedaling as fast as I could, she beat me. I get the feeling she's been practicing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

I can't believe school starts so late there. My little ones went back Aug 14th! And hey, my youngest is in 3rd : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home