Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The one where they go to a conference...

Man, I'm still in recovery mode from last weekend's conference in Bellevue. Once again I attended the Greater Seattle RWA chapter's Emerald City Writers Conference. This year lived up to all my expectations, and then some. Where to start, that is the question. Do I start with the workshops? I attended several amazing ones presented by such fabulous authors as Elizabeth Boyle, Eileen Rendahl, Christina Dodd and Jayne Ann Krentz. Workshops on the YA market and project managment, surviving the business and thriving in the business. We fed our muses and laughed our tucheses off.
I pitched TMI to an agent and two editors, all of whom requested partials.
But I know what you're all waiting for. You want the goods. The fun stuff.
The pictures.
(Sisters-in-law Kelli and Carolynn)








I also made some new friends, ones I look forward to meeting again in San Francisco next summer. Saturday night brought dinner at Maggiano's for the Tiaras, Carolynn, the "sisters" Eileen and Ruth Kaufman. Let me tell you, between the nine of us, and the table of Homecoming Barbies behind us we enjoyed a fabulous evening.
(Shannon and the "sisters" Eileen Cook and Eileen Rendahl)
(Serena and the fabulous Ruth K.)
(Carolynn and I enjoying a night out.)






And I returned home Sunday afternoon exhausted, without even the energy to pick up English muffins for breakfast. I'm still dragging two days later, but I'm hoping (and praying) it's short lived.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does my daughter look so schnokered? What did you do to her? When I sent her out into the world she was sweet, young, and innocent. Now she looks jaded, hammered, and more wordly than I like. Who is influencing my daughter as she definately has left the nest and I am not sure for the better.
By the way, since you are having so much fun why wasn't I invited as I always buy a round or two or three or four of five or when ever the credit card is topped out!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh, we're a very fine influence on your daughter :) Trust me! And next time you're surely invited. It was very rude of us to leave you off the guest list...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home