Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Whatever you do, don't see this movie...

I can't even print the name, this movie was so bad. And I don't know which is worse, that we paid money to see it, or that we sat through the whole thing. I've said before that writing has ruined me for movies. Serena and I aren't even allowed to sit near one another at the movies anymore, because we cannot help ourselves from critiquing the movie as it plays. Of course, maybe if we went to see better quality movies this wouldn't happen, but then where would be the fun in that?

But I do try to curb this habit when I go with other friends. They deserve to enjoy the movie, even if I already know who will die, or get pregnant, or fall in love. So we sat through the movie...and rolled our eyes so much they almost rolled right out of our heads.

How bad was this movie? Let me count the ways:


  1. The acting was worse than a middle school musical. I'm pretty sure they were picked up in a high school parking lot and picked because the director (whoever he is) thought they might be cute.

  2. The plot...so thin I could see right through it. Cellophane anyone?

  3. It was supposed to be a mystery, suspense...the most suspense I felt was the question of when would the movie finally end?

  4. To say it was predictable would actually be too nice.

  5. The exposition. Someone needs to find the screenwriter and let him/her know about the Show, Don't Tell rule because clearly they were absent the day this was taught. Must we have everything narrated? Must we talk about exactly what we see/feel/know? Can't we use body language for it? Or how about a long camera pan? Anything other than more talking. Please!

And to make matters even worse? They are apparently turning it into a series. Oy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Ok- now I really want to know the movie.

LOVED meeting you at the Emerald City conference.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger AimeesMom said...

E, you gotta say which movie it is!!! No fair!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home