Sunday, November 04, 2007

Be Deena!

So, after a long hiatus, Ms. K. and I went out dancing last night. I should have known we were in for a night of laughing our tushes off when our conversation began something like this:
Ms. K.: "Wanna go see The Boys tonight?"
Me: "I don't know. I have an all day staff meeting tomorrow."
Yes, I really did say those words. Sent us both into fits of laughter. When we finally calmed down I heartily agreed we needed to go hear The Boys play. We spent the first two hours or so with the dance floor all to ourselves, which while a little creepy (what with all the strange people staring), was also a blast. Meant lots of room to dance without having to worry about being stepped on, or elbowed, or spilled upon.
At one point Tom, the drummer, called out a happy birthday for Deena. "Where's Deena?" he asked, while the rest of us looked around for the girl who would claim ownership. Out of the blue a pair at the bar began to yell to me, "Be Deena! You'll get lots of hugs and drinks! Be Deena!"
Needless to say I bypassed their suggestion. And a might good thing too, as the real Deena showed up shortly after.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called her old. That's what finally forced the issue. :D I push buttons when I have to.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger AimeesMom said...

I can just picture you two out there cutting a rug. What a picture!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You could have totally kicked the other Deena's ass. I think you should have taken her free drink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home