Thursday, November 15, 2007

Flashback...

Tonight marked the first skate party of the year for the school where I work. Every year they have anywhere from 2-4 skate parties, and all last year I managed to not go. Don't get me wrong, I love rollerskating (four wheels, people, four wheels). When I was 8 it was the epitome of cool to have a rollerskating birthday party. But I'm older now. And rollerskating? Doesn't really have that cool factor any more.
Still, I agreed to join the rest of my grade-level teammates. I walked through the door and was instantly transported back in time 20 years. The smell of sweaty feet assailed us, and once again I was 8 years old.
Unfortunately, I don't fall like an 8 year old anymore. In a poorly executed move to help a fallen kid, and managed to go down like a chopped oak, landing smack on my tuches (and cell phone). The cell phone, thankfully, is fine. The tuches? Not so much. I'm hurting, and will most likely be stiff and limping tomorrow.
On the brightside? To quote a student, "Third grade teachers rock!!"
And really, that makes it all worth it. Right?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Well, I have it on good authority that all the cool kids rollershake!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I used to LOVE going to Skate King for roller staking parties! All the twinkling disco ball lights overhead mingled with all the soda and candy created a nice, drug-free high. LOL! But, most definitely FOUR wheeled skates. I don't know how people do the inline skating. I'd be in a body cast if I tried that. Heck, if I tried any kind of skating at this point, I'd no doubt end up in that body cast. :-)

Christina

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

FYI, I just tagged you for a new meme over at my blog! :-)

Christina

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! That is awesome. I am so proud of you!! I remember Skate World, and you totally described it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home