Sunday, December 09, 2007

"It's time to light the lights..."

Yes, it's time for an homage to The Muppet Show. Or at the very least, time to quote them.
Tonight's the 6th night of Hanukkah, the 6th night of lighting the menorah and watching the candle flames dance. The first night I found myself reading a little bit about the ritual I was performing. For instance, how many of you know that the purpose of the lights is to be beautiful? That's it, nothing more. We are only supposed to watch them, and enjoy them. They aren't meant to warm, or to usher in a holy day. They are only meant to be pretty.
I kind of like that idea.
So tonight I lit my candles and watched them dance. And soon I'll be off to my last Hanukkah party of the season. All in all a good night.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is a great ritual. K

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I didn't know that! Enjoy :-)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Hey, there! I just tagged you with a new holiday meme on my blog! :-)

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home