Monday, January 28, 2008

How to Salsa in a Sari

Okay. Yes, technically Dona's signing was last week, but I didn't want to do a post until I'd finished reading the book. That way I could give you a real endorsement.
How to Salsa in a Sari is Dona Sarkar's first book...and a fabulous one at that. The more I read, the more I lost myself in the story of a girl whose life has turned upside down. Issa doesn't know how to accept the changes her life is faced with, and will do anything to keep her life the same. I admit to having to put the book down once or twice, but purely because I couldn't sit there and watch Issa make such horrible decisions. But those same decisions are what I love about Dona's book. She has managed to really get into the head of her characters, and bring out their flaws and fabulousness. Even more so, she managed to make me forget who the writer is...and that's hard to do!
So congrats Dona, on a fabulous debut! The rest of you? Go buy this book!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home