Sunday, March 16, 2008

Guilty Pleasures...

We all have 'em, those movies you can't help but watch. Those cheesy romantic comedies we watch when we're blue, or just not feeling well. Those movies they play on channels like ABC Family and Lifetime. I promise to share mine, if you'll share yours.
Anyone else remember when the first The Cutting Edge came out? I remember loving the movie about the ex-hockey player and the rich-b**ch figure skater. I couldn't help it. There was something about the bad writing, the cheesy dialogue, and the sweet love story. I couldn't help myself.
Which explains why I watch it when it comes on t.v. It doesn't explain why I watch The Cutting Edge 2 when it comes on. But I couldn't help myself! I swear! I mean c'mon! It's the story of their daughter. Anyone who has enjoyed the old romance sagas like the MacGregors will understand my weak willpower.
None of this explains why I felt compelled to watch the third installment tonight. I could blame spaghetti brain from report cards, or simple exhaustion. I could try to make you think that there was nothing better on television. All would be true, yet all would be a lie. The simple fact is that these are my guilty pleasures. Cheesy romantic comedies with predictable dialogue and expected results. I just can't help myself.
So, now it's your turn. What's yours?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home