Monday, July 14, 2008

Fireworks!

I may have missed them on the 4th, but I found them the other night. Washington loves its festivals. Almost every town has a festival of some kind or other. In the summer you can pretty much find something to celebrate every weekend, thanks to this. And this weekend was our turn. Normally I miss it. I'm usually busy running around, and frankly, it screws up traffic because they close down several main roads. This time I went. Booths for food, civic groups and local business lined the parking lot. Music set the mood in the background. They even drew a crowd...even if the crowd was lame. C'mon people! Where there's music there's movement. If the band tells you to get up and move, then get up and move! I really don't understand this polite, "must sit still" mentality when it comes to live music here. I will never understand it.
Still, they ended the festivities with a bang...literally. I took myself down to the grocery store and sat on a bench to watch the fireworks explode. The light show totally made up for the lack of them on the 4th of July. It was fun to listen to the children babble on in excitement. I even didn't mind listening to one man explain light speed v. sounds speed to his 7 year old daughter.
So here's hoping your weekend went off with a bang!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Posts like this make me just LOVE summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home