Friday, August 29, 2008

Book fun!

We'll take a break from fun with pictures to share a little of what I'm reading:
Recently finished-
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon - worth the wait, though I'm still thinking about it and the ramifications that she's created for the Dark Hunter world. I may have to read it again very soon, since I'm sure I missed a ton in my marathon session.
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers - here's another one I enjoyed but I'm left thinking an awful lot about it. For the first time in a while the book I was reading affected my dreams (in general just making them a bit screwy).
His Mistress by Morning by Elizabeth Boyle - a local writer and a woman I consider a friend, this is one of her newest (though not THE newest). I loved this book and the world she's created. Elizabeth took a chance by adding a touch of magic to her newest series, and it paid off. I can't wait for the next one.
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I picked this one up at conference, and I'm glad I did. The author takes on the world of the Fae in her debut. She has created a dark world, one where there is no easy answer, and I appreciate her ability to stay true to her story in the end. She could have taken the easy way out, but it would have ended the series, and left her readers greatly disappointed. Instead she took the hard road, and the book is all the better for it.

Currently reading-
Goy Crazy by Melissa Schorr - I admit the title is what caught me, but the concept dragged me in. G.C. is the story of 15 yr. old Rachel Lowenstein (I just caught the joke here, ladies...haha!) and her attempts to navigate high school, dating and faith.

Up soon-
How to Ruin My Teenage Life by Simone Elkeles
Driving Sideways by Jess Riley
Delicious by Sherry Thomas
Shrink to Fit by Dona Sarkar

And a slew of others...eep! With school set to start next week I better get to work!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Marilyn Brant said...

You've got some great books on your current and upcoming reading lists!! Have to put in a special plug for Simone and Dona, of course--I love their novels :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home