Monday, August 25, 2008

The long awaited San Francisco blog...

I promised you all I'd share a little about my trip to San Fran, and far be it for me to not follow through on a promise. To honor this promise, I've posted several photos from the earlier portion of the week (traveling with Mom) and just a couple from the conference (because my camera sucks and most of the pics taken inside didn't come out the way they should have).
This first one is of Mom on our first day. We decided to take the long way to the wharf...it's a wonder she was still smiling.










Does anyone else find it ironic that the first thing I saw when we entered Chinatown was the Glatt Kosher deli?









Sauselito was gorgeous...plus, we finally saw the sun!










We went to visit the Japanese Tea Garden at Golden Gate Park...but they may not let us back since Mom broke it...











The conference itself was fabulous, as always. I caught up with many of my friends I rarely get to see in person, like Eileen Cook, Cathy Yardley and the Jills (Jill Shalvis and Jill Monroe). It was also my opportunity to try out my best geeky fan girl impression when I ran into some of my faves like:
Marjorie Liu. Can you tell how geekily excited I am in this picture? Poor Serena had to calm me down afterward. It's almost sad, but I don't care.
I also ran into Suzanne Brockmann in the hallway, and took the opportunity to share my thoughts on one of her more recent books (all good, I swear!). Of course, she was giving me that patient, "Thank you, really, but you need to leave now" look, so I didn't stick around. I saw her again the next day at a workshop called, "The Lessons of Firefly," and I'm sure she now thinks I'm stalking her. Which I'm not.

No really. I'm not.
Conference is nothing if it's not also an opportunity to get dressed up in our finest...which we did.













But before you think the conference was all work and glamorous parties...we also took some time to have a little bit of fun. You know me, I won't pass up an chance to dance.

All in all, the conference was a definite success. Now I can't wait for Emerald City!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I LOVED seeing you too. I love these photos.

Hope mom doesn't have to do any heavy jail time due to her rampage on the park. Next time tell her to go easy tiger.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Marilyn Brant said...

Great photos, Erin!! Glad to see you had some fun outside of the conference hotel as well as in it :).

How goes things with the Tiaras? Have you all gotten together yet since you've been back?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Your mom sounds like a fun and wonderful person. She walks a lot I hear and her child complains from inclement weather. Your mom also indicated that you took every mode of transportation there was....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home