Monday, September 01, 2008

Scrambling...

I'm just dropping in for a brief moment to let you know I've been hard at work on my current manuscript, as well as pulling my classroom together for the new year. Unfortunately, we will not be starting tomorrow morning as planned. Tomorrow morning my district goes on strike, as they were unable to come to an agreement on a new contract. The parties are still communicating, but as of right now we don't know how long the strike will last. We've received lots of support from local families, and I almost cried when we arrived at our union meeting to find parents and children outside with signs showing their support. To all of you, thank you. You'll never know how much we teachers appreciate your support and kind words. Hopefully the situation will resolve quickly. In the meantime, my mind is justifiably wrapped up right now. I plan to blog again later in the week, hopefully with good news.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home