Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wahoo!!

For all of you who've been watching this blog to hear the good news: We're going back to school!! After nine days, we reached a tentative agreement on Friday, and voted tonight to accept the contract and go back to work. This means I'll be up bright and early to get into my classroom (for the first time since Labor Day weekend), in order to set up all those last minute deals...
It's funny, by the end of the year I'm always as excited for Summer break as the students. But by the time the fall rolls around, I'm ready to get back to work and meet my new crop of students. Of course, thanks to our strike, we have lost several days we'd normally get off...like our mid-winter break. On the bright side, I don't have to work through July...so I'll take it.
Make sure to check back later in the week for a contest announcement, as well as the story of what happens when you take two people in their 70's to the zoo.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Marilyn Brant said...

Oh, my goodness...a strike like that must've been really frustrating for all involved. I'm so glad this has been resolved for now. I'll look forward to hearing teaching stories from you soon :).

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Yay! Congrats on going back.

How come you never take me to the zoo? Or is that dinner with the rest of the ECWC crowd?

: )

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know about taking two people in thier 70's to the zoo. Do tell! :)

-Rachel Brodsky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home